Thursday, February 5, 2009

Affection and Gratitude Indeed

Sincere thanks to Patrice for sending this award. While I’m no stranger to blogging, I have only recently taken up residence in this particular neighborhood. I’m not yet convinced this new blog lives up to this award, but perhaps in time. My choices are as follows:

The Truth About Lies – Wickedly smart and playful and open and interested. That’s right; I said interested. In a great many things. In my world, this is a prerequisite for being thought of as interesting. There's much more to read there but by way of example, I found Taking a thought for a walk particularly satisfying.

Outside the Asylum – A pirate. Sort of. Travel logs and excellent photography abound.

SHAKE: The Poetry of Bryan Borland – Observant and wistful and hopeful and fearless and I like that. Just to name a couple of favorites: Teenage Boys and Strings.

Ramblings of a Medicated Lady - Smart and sad and angry and honest and I like that, too. Try Patio Gas Can and Milk on for size.

Finally: Spectrum Hope – Smart and determined and devoted and witty. Like so many human endeavors, blogging can be so ... so ... tribal. The writers’ tribes, the painters’ tribes, the political tribes, the support-group tribes, etc. To our endlessly categorizing brains, this blog may seem as though it belongs strictly and neatly tucked among the members of the latter tribe. True, you may not be able to relate to all of the words expressed by a mother engaged in an heroic battle against Autism. You may also never need a recipe for GFCFSF pancakes, nor fully understand how vital it is to learn how to add protein to potato chips. However, this woman is not only one of my very favorite people in the world, she’s also a talented writer. Whether she's laughing or crying, I think she's worth the read.

The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

The rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog. [Note: Don't forget to copy and paste the award jpeg itself to include on your own blog!]
2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Thank you again, Patrice.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - thank you so much. I'm traveling at the moment and when I return home I'll give this the attention it deserves. Thanks so much for the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy, thank you so much! This means a lot to me...especially since it comes from you.

    ReplyDelete